Sunday, July 19, 2009

3-D ART on all Levels










Well, the assignment was to create something using different levels. I am not sure that my design was what the instructor had in mind, but I enjoyed "solving this problem" (he termed each project a problem we needed to solve, it took me the better part of 2 semesters with him to fully understand what he meant by that terminology).



When I was finished drawing my design out, I started working on the various parts for my final product. I had never tried to create something from a drawing (especially not my own drawing) without instructions before (I now began to understand what he meant by "problem to solve" instead of "assignment", etc. ). I ended up using foam board, styrafoam blocks, tissue paper, pinstriping, cardboard tubing, spackle, paint, two sided tape, rubber cement, and hot glue. I spent hours spackling and sanding and painting and striping and taping and gluing and redoing! Boy, did I learn alot.


When finished, my work was put on display with the rest of the class's projects. I was, as I always am, amazed by the uniqueness of each person's design and how they went about "solving the problem" of creating levels in artwork.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is AWESOME! What a fabulous work of art! I love the design, the color combinations, the depth. Wow Sheila, this belongs in an Art Museum! Well done friend! Beautiful! I'm proud of you!!
    Blessings! Sharon

    ReplyDelete